Reports: Bobbi Kristina Brown has died

by Raheem Karim

Bobbi Kristina Brown daughter of Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston has died Sunday in an Atlanta-area hospice, nearly six months after she was found unconscious in her Georgia home. She was only 22.

She never regained consciousness to explain what happened before she was found Jan. 31, face down and unresponsive in her bathtub.

“She is finally at peace in the arms of God,” the Houston family said in a statement released to ET!, NBC News and People. “We want to again thank everyone for their tremendous amount of love and support during these last few months.”

She has spent the last months in two Atlanta hospitals, a medical rehab facility and a hospice, much of the time in an induced coma and on life support.

Her Houston family relatives announced last month that her condition had continued to deteriorate and that she had been transferred to the hospice, a move usually reserved for end-of-life care for patients.

“Despite the great medical care at numerous facilities, Bobbi Kristina Brown’s condition has continued to deteriorate. As of today, she has been moved into hospice care. We thank everyone for their support and prayers. She is in God’s hands now.”

Her death, coming a little over three years to the date after her mother’s eerily similar demise, marks a double tragedy, one of the most heartbreaking of the celebrity world.

Krissi, as she was known, was found by her live-in boyfriend, Nick Gordon, and their friend Max Lomas, face down and unconscious in her bathtub on Jan. 31 at her Roswell, Ga., home.

Lisa Holland, a spokeswoman for the Roswell Police Department, said Brown was given cardiopulmonary resuscitation until rescuers arrived. A police statement said Gordon “started CPR and a police officer took over lifesaving measures until an ambulance arrived.”

It is still not clear what happened to her or why. Police have been investigating the circumstances but have not announced their findings nor charged anyone with anything.

Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard said Thursday he had the police case file and was reviewing it with “greater interest” given the move to hospice.

Bobbi Kristina was “unresponsive” when discovered and remained so. She turned 22 on March 3, 2015, still unconscious.

She was first taken to the North Fulton Hospital in Atlanta and later was transferred to Emory University Hospital. She was placed in an induced coma and kept on a ventilator as her family gathered at her bedside.

In March she was transferred to a nearby medical rehabilitation facility, but her condition remained unchanged, according to her grandmother, gospel great Cissy Houston. She said doctors told her Bobbi Kristina had suffered “global and irreversible brain damage” and that her condition remained unchanged despite intensive treatment.

Although much about what happened before she was found remains murky, it’s known that she was in a serious crash crash four days before. She was driving with a friend in Roswell, when her Jeep Liberty blew a tire and she lost control, causing her to cross into oncoming traffic and collide with another vehicle.

Her friend and the driver of the other vehicle were hospitalized with serious injuries.

You may also like

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. You can find out more about the cookies we use. By continuing to use the website, you accept our use of cookies.AcceptRead More

Update Required Flash plugin