Gangsta Boo’s legacy will continue with a posthumously album
Rapper Gangsta Boo unexpectedly passed away on New Years’s Day of this year, however her legacy will live on. The late rapper’s estate announced a posthumously album.
The upcoming unnamed project will be released on August 7th, which is Gangsta Boo’s birthday and she would have been 44 years old.
DRUMMA BOY SAYS MORE GANGSTA BOO SONGS ARE ON THE WAY ALONG WITH VIDEO
The album will feature production from Run The jewels member El-P, Drumma Boy, Nick Hook, and Metro Boomin’ thus far. When it comes to guest appearances it will feature Latto, Skepta, Run The Jewels, fellow Three 6 Mafia member Crunchy Black, & Three 6 Mafia affiliate La Chat. It has been reported that founding members of Three 6 Mafia DJ Paul & Juicy J may lend their talent to the project.
Gangsta Boo’s partner Emmet Flores started a clothing line to honor the Memphis legend where 90 percent of the proceeds will go to her mother. The other 10 percent will go toward student tuition at the Stax Music Academy in Memphis. The clothing will be available solely on Gangsta Boo’s site, QueenOfMemphis.com.
Gangsta Boo joined Three 6 Mafia in 1994 and appeared on some their classic albums Mystic Stylez (1995), Chapter. 1: The End (1996), Chapter 2: World Domination (1997), When The Smoke Clears: Sixty 6, Sixty 1 (2000), and Choices: The Album (2001). Her last solo project was 2003’s Enquiring Minds II: The Soap Opera, which followed the two albums she released via DJ Paul and Juicy J’s Hypnotize Minds imprint, Enquiring Minds (1998) and Both Worlds *69 (2001).