The Atlanta Jazz Fest line up for 2015 is here so music lovers be prepared to hear some good music from some of the most talented musicians in jazz
The Atlanta Jazz Festival is FREE and open to the public. Here’s the schedule in Piedmont Park:
Friday, May 22
7:00 pm Mad Satta
9:00 pm Thundercat
Saturday, May 23
12:30 pm Tri-Cities High School Jazz Band
2:30 pm Jessie Davis & the Nebraska Jones Experiment
4:30 pm Kenosha Kid
6:30 pm Wolfpack ATL
1:30 pm North Atlanta Center for the Arts Jazz Band
3:30 pm Dida
5:30 pmBanda Magda
7:30 pm Alfredo Rodriguez Trio
1:00 pm Contemporary Violinist Daniel D.
3:00 pm The Rad Trads
5:00 pm Marcus Strickland Twi-Life
7:00 pm Otis Brown III
9:00 pm Derrick Hodge
Sunday, May 24
12:30 pmJoe Gransden and his Big Band
2:30 pm Mastery
4:30 pm Jeff Sparks
6:30 pm Tony Hightower
1:30 pm Fernanda Noronha
3:30 pm Strings from Haiti
5:30 pm Emrah Kotan
7:30 pm Arturo O’Farrill & The Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra
1:00 pm Navy Band Southeast: VIP Protocol Combo
3:00 pm Four Women: A Tribute to Nina Simone – Featuring Kathleen Bertrand, Julie Dexter, Rhonda Thomas and Terry Harper
5:00 pm Nettwork Trio: Charnett Moffett, Stanley Jordan, and Jeff “Tain” Watts
7:00 pm Diane Schuur
9:00 pm Pharoah Sanders Quartet featuring Kurt Rosenwinkel
The festival returns to historic Piedmont Park, nestled in the heart of Midtown Atlanta.
- ADMISSION. The event is FREE and open to the public.
- DATES & HOURS. Festival hours in Piedmont Park are Friday, May 22 from 6 -11 pm; Saturday, May 23 from 11 am-11 pm and Sunday, May 24 from 11 am-11 pm.
- MULTIPLE STAGES. Enjoy music featuring Local, National and International Artists.
- KIDZONE. The KidZone area will offer games and interactive play for all ages.
- SHOPPING & FOOD VENDORS. A wide variety of food vendors will tempt your taste buds with BBQ, gyros, burgers, Caribbean foods and more! Browse the booths for unique items including art, clothing and jewelry.
- PARK RULES. There will be NO GRILLING, NO PETS and NO STAKING OF TENTS allowed in Piedmont Park during the festival.
- LOCAL TRANSPORTATION. The easiest way to come to the festival is to take MARTA: www.itsMARTA.com.